Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Elements of the Table: Chic China

I would like to apologize for the length of time between posts, we've been having some technical issues and just couldn't post anything for a few days. Continuing along in my little series on the ingredients for a lovely table setting, I would like to share a few pictures of china and some of the different sorts of vintage patterns and pieces that are available for your table. As there are so many to choose from I will try to share some other patterns in the future. One of the joys of using vintage pieces is that you have such a wide variety of themes to choose from. You can use a whole set of matching dishes if you would like or you can mix and match favorite pieces that share a theme of some sort like color, flower, transferware etc. And as you know, think outside the box. One of the items below is actually a jardinere but could be lovely for holding a salad, fruit or even a pudding on your table.
Kerry









1 comment:

Sister Mary Martha said...

Have you heard about etsy? There is a wonderful vintage category there. It only costs 20 cents to list an item for 6 months.

I am always perusing the vintage shops there myself.

If you are interested, I can help you navigate it. It's extremely easy, but there are a few tips to make sure you get seen.